I always enjoy reading random things about people that wouldn’t necessarily come up when you’re blogging about running or your day to day life. So for fun, here’s five random facts about me!
1. I have a permanent retainer behind my lower bottom front teeth. They cemented it in after I got my braces off in 9th grade to keep my teeth from shifting. I’ve had it ever since.
2. I’m going to learn to juggle clubs! I already know how to juggle balls and I can also juggle larger objects and oddly shaped things, but I’ve always wanted to learn to juggle clubs. Barry got me my very own set for Christmas and I can’t wait to learn.
3. When I was a kid I had a more unusual way of playing on the playgrounds – things like walking across the tops of swing sets. When I did actually swing on a swing, just jumping off wasn’t fun enough. Instead, I would do back flips off of the swing.
4. My great uncle taught me how to put someone in checkmate in a game of chess in the first four moves. Oddly, it never worked when I tried to use it on him
5. I am a huge Virginia Tech football fan (okay, that’s not news to anyone). Our stadium is looking pretty sleepy right now during the winter…
… but come Labor Day night it will be packed as the Hokies take on Ohio State in our season opener. I can’t wait!
Your turn! Tell me some random facts about you.