It was recently brought to my attention that I have a lot of tendencies that are similar to that of an 80 year old. The more I thought about it the more I realized I have a lot of 80 year old characteristics.
- I still send birthday cards in the mail (often with a $1 bill in them – although that’s more of a family joke)
- I like to go to bed early
- I don’t like to go out after dark
- I need at least one bathroom break during a movie
- My favorite games include Gin Rummy, canasta, and Rummikub
- If I go out to dinner, I prefer to go early in the evening before it gets crowded
- I still pay most of my bills by check
- My dad has accused me of having an “old lady” purse (to which I replied your mom has an old lady purse)
Do any of these characteristics also describe you?
How are you like an 80 year old?